Welcome to Chadds Ford Historical Society
The Chadds Ford Historical Society is a private, non-profit, community-based organization that preserves three pre-Revolutionary buildings that are open to the public as museums.
Tours and Education Programs for youth and adults are conducted year-round by appointment.
Join Us As A Member or Volunteer!
We have many opportunities for people to get involved, and help us preserve the history of Chadds Ford.
To learn how to become a member and support the mission of the Chadds Ford Historical Society while enjoying exclusive members-only benefits click here.
Please visit our Volunteer page to lear how to get involved directly in the preservation and sharing of Chadds Ford history!
The vision of the Chadds Ford Historical Society is to be the finest community historical society, preserving the history and interpreting the life and times of the Chadds Ford area. The Society aspires to be known for providing excellent educational opportunities to visitors, schools and residents, as well as being an active supporter of and a focal point for community activities.
To Accomplish Our Mission, The Society:
- Preserves and maintains the John Chads House and the Barns-Brinton House.
- Operates and maintains the Chadds Ford Historical Society's Barn Visitors' Center.
- Continues historical research and collection of records and artifacts of the region.
- Educates members, the general public and school groups.
- Demonstrates past domestic skills and lifestyles of the region.
- Sponsors community events, such as Chadds Ford Days, Great Pumpkin Carve and Candlelight Christmas Tour.
- Supports local community events.
- Supports preservation activities in the community.
- Raises the funds necessary to carry out the mission.